Followers

Saturday 25 October 2014

Poems for Book Covers

I have written a few Poems for book covers but this one wasn't by only me it was a collaboration between me and my Son when he was Seven Years Old - I was so impressed especially as he came up with the Punch Line! We had a real good laugh getting this together too.  This was for the cover of one of his school books where he was meant to wright down anything that interested him, or if his imagination was in overdrive to just write down what he was thinking, an Ideas book!

Stunky Lunky
This is my book of words to spell
 of things to remember
of things that smell!!!
of sights to be seen
of monsters in Green
of  Notes
of  Stories
and
 in-between??
of imagination
 BIG and BULKY
of a monster I met,
 called
STUNKY LUNKY
written in 2009 by
Matthew and Sam Crowe xx
This is a little verse I wrote for a DT card I made for Clarity Stamp
I had a little Tree House
where often I would sit
and dream my dreams
of a future
as beautiful as it.
      By Sam x
Another ditty written for a card I made a few years ago.
There is a certain kind of Grace in a
 Lady who wears Pearls and Lace
                                By Sam x
I think that one must have been a Challenge DT Card because it is so specific.
I did another one on the same card -
An English Rose
Pretty and Ornate
Another little gem  
that makes Britain Great!!
           By Sam x
I had a little spate of writing down some verses for the inside of cards
I tried to make most of them tongue in cheek! Someone was going to buy
them off me but it didn't happen in the end.
Age is just a record of how long we have been on Life's Journey!!
                                                                    By Sam x

AGE is just a number
its what you did with the Years that really matters.
                                                          By Sam x

Age and Wisdom go hand in hand
Birthdays just record it.
                                     By Sam x

This is the Poem I wrote after I saw a plea for a Poem on FB, the Lady said her Granddaughter was 18 years Old but that they lived in Australia so she wanted a Spcial verse for her.

For My Granddaughter

For My Granddaughter I send an "Air Kiss"
for this your Special Day

18 WOW!

a HUG will jump out from this card
Quickly, catch it now. xxx

Although I can't be with you
You MUST know how much I care
Because I LOVE YOU DEARLY
You will feel my presence there!!!
                                     By Sam x
I would normally say feel free to use any of the Card verses I put on here but I would prefer you not to for now,  If you wanted a specific one written I could give it a go???  I have written a few specific verses for people on FB, and at home.

Right I am off now.
I hope you like my Ditties
Luv Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment