Followers

Saturday 25 October 2014

O'h I do like to be beside the Seaside!

So I have written a few Ditties about the beach. 

I don't think anyone will really want to read this Blog but I do have some verses for cards too so it's a way to record them in case I loose my poetry Books. 

For this one I made a Tag/card for a DT Project a few years ago and needed a verse - My Mam always loved to be beside the sea and I have really good memories of us all at the beach when we were kids. There were five of us Girls and not a lot of cash so we had to share two swimming costumes between us. The Costume was always really wet and cold by the time it was my turn? Still there was always the Skirt tucked in the side of your knickers thing if you were just paddling!!  

So this is short and sweet but just brings my Mam right back to me. Xxx
 
Golden Sands
Happy Memories of Golden Sands
of Ice-Cream Chips and Tea
But most of all my darling
Happy Memories of you and me. xx
                                         By Sam



Front and Back, this Tag fitted into a square envelope, wish I could still get hold of these.
 
Chips by the Sea by Sam Criwe
 
 
So here is another Beachy Poem I wrote round about? O'h My Goodness it was about 23 years ago???
I did get an offer to put this in a Poetry book but everyone talked me out of it and said it was a con because they wanted you to buy a book too??  How is that a con? to buy a book that you have a Poem Published in?? I wish I hadn't listened to them.  I found out later it was cosha too.
 
O'h I do like to be beside the seaside....
 
I wandered along feeling grand
My toes were sinking in the sand
the Sea was splashing on my legs
the Seaweed floating out in dregs
 
The wind was blowing in my Face
I was alone, but I had to race
along the Beach and in the Sea
running and skipping, O'h silly me?
 
I love the Sea I love the Sand
I love the Shells here in my hand
I love the smell I love the breeze
I paddle deep, up to my knees
 
I did a second verse afterwards. There was an oil slick and I saw a sad little bird in a newspaper with its wings out to the side and it couldn't move because of all the oil. 
I cried for that poor little Bird all day.
 
Birds 
 
I wandered down to the sand
now I'm not feeling quite so grand
the Sea's not splashing on my legs
the Birds are floating out in dregs
 
Their feathers are covered in oily grime
they are dying slow, they've had their time.
O'h Man, will you ever learn
I should point out its soon our turn
we dish out death like you've never seen
It'll be much worse if we don't go green.!!
 
one friend once said to me "Green"??? Yes I said as in The Green Piece Women who spent years outside of a nuclear base trying to get our Country to disarm.  Everyone thought they were bonkers at the time. In fact in the Forces I had to pretend to be one of them and try to attack an Aircraft so that the Men could learn how to handle them???  Now I think they were heroes!  They gave up their whole structure of life to try to fight for the safety of the World.
 
Oh dear, getting a bit deep here so I think I will call it a day on this Post.
If anyone is interested, thank you for checking out this Blog, if no-one is interested I will write it anyway.  I am very shy about my Poems and Ditties because I have absolutely no idea if they are any good.  But they are there, so I will keep recording them on this Blog and then maybe print the whole thing page by page and make a Journal with it.
 Luv Sam
x
 

2 comments:

  1. Sam, I really enjoy your poems. They capture the moment so well and I feel like I'm there with you. It must be lovely to have such a talent and a record of your memories, especially childhood memories of your mum. It will be a great legacy to pass on if you do write it down. Your narrative is also interesting and I too remember those Green Piece ladies camping outside the perimeter fence. My Physics teacher belonged to the Green Party and my mum helped with their jumble sales.
    I'm afraid your friend was right as those poetry books are a bit of a con. As a teacher we often get national/regional poetry competitions at school where at least half the entries win the prize of being published in a book. This is then sold back to all the parents for about £10 a book and it simply has all the poems typed up in a very basic layout. It's a lovely thing for the family to have but still just a way to get money from people.
    I think your blog and possible future journal will be much nicer and reach more people.
    Sorry I've rabbitted on again.
    Looking forward to the next installment
    Jeanette xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanette sorry I have only just found you comment - thank you so much for your comments. You haven't rabbitted on at all, it's great to get some real input and to hear your side of the times too. Thank you. Xx I have just found out that this Blog has been mention in an online paper about Poetry under Good Blog Posts - that's nice. Xxx I still feel very finer able flashing my Poetry off. Xx

      Delete