Followers

Thursday 29 January 2015

No Paw Prints in the Snow Anymore?

Basically I am transferring my more useable Poems, Ditties, Verse and Odes to this Blog. Some people might want to read them and some might not? But for me personally its a little venture through Memory Lane and somewhere to store them too. By Sam
Well this afternoon I wrote two poems in memory of our Max (Oct 1999 - Sept 2014)
The snow reminds me of my little Puppydog Max who crossed that little bridge in September last year. I knew it would because he loved the snow so much, so I sat thinking about him today looking out into the garden and this Poem and this Ode to Max slipped into my head.

No Paw Prints in the Snow Anymore!

No Paw Prints in the Snow Anymore
No pictures here to take
No slippery walks along the woods
No pestering me to take a break.

No furry nose covered in snow
no rolling, running or jumping.
No snowballs in the air to catch
boy how my heart is thumping

My eyes they cry with the memory
Of your Paw Prints in the Snow
No other Pup could be your match.
Look my little PuppyDog
I throw a snowball for you to catch.
I miss him xxxx
by Sam Crowe

Oopps how did those chocolate coins fall open???



This is an  Ode to our little PuppyDog - he had two looks, this is his Labrador - or summer look
he also had his Sheep Dog look when he had full fur in Winter.

Who Will Eat My Chicken

I put down my hand to pass you some meat,
some cake, a biscuit or two
but you're not there to take it from me,
boy I miss you, I DO.
No reason to hoover the floor every day
No incentive to go for a walk
No-one to prick up their ears for me
when I randomly, to myself, talk!
No-one to sit and stare up at me
 with those cute little PuppyDog eyes
when I feel a little low one day
and have a little cry.
No-one to eat my Chicken
No-one to lick my face
No-one to pester me late at night
or to share my craft room space
No-one to greet the kids from school
with wagging tail and little barks
NO-one to knock the drinks off the stool
when they ask you to clean their plates,
Bless Your Heart.x
We miss you, our little PuppyDog
especially me right now
when I see no Paw Prints in the snow out back
and the Chicken just gets thrown out.
The dogs next door don't bark at the fence
you always liked to wind them up somehow
I bet they too  in their own little way
really miss you now!!
You were with us for so long
so your presence is a huge gap
No-one now to put nose to nose
to wake me from my nap.
Your Quack Quack sits in the conservatory
your ball sits next to him
your memories live in our hearts for you
the Chicken it goes in the bin. xx
But we had been blessed because you picked us out
boy how lucky we were
I wonder how much Chicken you actually consumed
in the Fifteen years you were here.
 xxx
By Sam Crowe

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful poems with many happy memories entwined , I shed a tear or three xxx

    ReplyDelete